Ambrosi Abrianna - Blending Ambrosi and Abrianna's individual tastes and creativity, their first handbag collection presents quality products built from a range of truly distinctive designs and materials, including crocodile, python and ostrich leathers that are collected from around the world and sent to Paris and Milan for handmade construction.
W Hotels The Store - Inspired by the design of five new international watches, these new W boutiques present a unique collection which exemplifies the fashionable spirit of the W Hotel franchise around the world. It features exclusive items from such acclaimed designers as Rachel Leigh, Lauren Merkin, Alex and Ani, and Foley & Corrina.
Lisa Kornman Luxe Lisa Kornman's collection began in 2000, crafting handbags from the finest Italian vegetable tanned leathers, exotic skins and unique hardware. Each piece evokes both individuality and a ladylike sensibility with its signature clutches and satchels.
Subversive Jewelry - Subversive introduces the new diffusion line inspired by the New-Dadaist Memphis Design movement of the 1980's and created for those with an eye for proportion and balance. The collection explores a wide variety of materials such as gold toned metals, semi-precious stones and rhinestone chains.
Isharya - The hot up-and-coming designer draws influence from the Indian royalty and the International Art Nouveau style of the early 20th century. Every season the sister-in-law duo never fails to create luxurious collections with original materials and global appeal.
Bindya NY - Bindya NY's effortlessly chic and luxurious wearable art is styled for every personality and inspired by the designer's trips to Paris and India. The collection is most famous for their tie-dyed cashmere scarves, gauzy shawls and fabulous wraps made from the finest quality blends of cashmere, wool and silk.
Judith Ripka - This line of fine jewelry makes a woman feel beautiful in either blue jeans or a little black dress. Two distinct collections, the 18k Couture Collection and Silver Collection are celebrated by the red carpet elite for it modern elegance and sophistication.
Lulu Frost - This fashion forward collection presents a fusion of old and new. Lulu searches for one-of-a-kind period antiques and reinterprets these rare finds by combining them with unexpected modern elements and stylistic treatments to create the most interesting and beautiful collection possible.
Alex Soldier - This magnificent collection is a work of art, representing a constantly evolving combination of shape, color and texture. His designs reveal a true passion for distinction and introduce innovative techniques for decorating metal surfaces and pushing the boundaries of traditional craftsmanship.
Carlos Falchi - In 1979 Carlos Falchi made his first deconstructed bag, the unlined buffalo satchel, that launched his career as a distinctive and detail oriented designer dedicated to the quality of the products and how the colors, styles and shapes make a woman feel. His revolution in handbag making has catapulted his career into the big leagues, designing for runway collections, celebrities, television, and major motion pictures.
Mercedes-Benz Lifestyle Collection - For over a decade, Mercedes-Benz has offered an exclusive collection for the vehicle enthusiast. The collection includes fashionable women's and men's apparel, accessories, luggage and watches designed by Tourneau. Signature pieces include the "Seatbelt Bag", made from genuine seatbelt material and Mercedes-Benz pedal cars. Beginning fall 2009 they will also be partnering with Nike Golf for a series of new accessories.
Check them out this week or in stores near you soon.
Over 700 retailers and designers across New York City are confirmed participants in Fashion’s Night Out. Most events will take place from 6:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. On Fashion’s Night Out, every participating location is open to anyone and everyone so grab a friend or two and go for it. Neither tickets nor invitations are required to join in the Fashion’s Night Out festivities.
And what’s a big event without a commemorative t-shirt? You can be sure that the very cool tee (shown here) created for this event rocks. At only $30 for short-sleeve and $35 for long-sleeve, made of pima cotton/modal and available in unisex sizes XS through L, they are a bargain with 40% of retail proceeds from the sale of the Fashion’s Night Out T-shirt to be donated by the retailers to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center.
Here's a sneak peek at some scheduled events:
- The Oscar Blandi Salon will offer an exclusive Blowout Lessons and Bellinis Master Class at 9:00 p.m. This service teaches clients the necessary skills to style and maintain the look of a salon blowout at home. Customers can sign up in advance to participate. Bellini’s, champagne and hors d’oeuvres will be served.
- The Laura Mercier counters in Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, Henri Bendel and Bloomingdale’s will be hosting “Lash Out” events where consumers can receive complimentary lash application with a lash purchase.
- Molton Brown will bring a bit of London to the Big Apple to celebrate the launch of the new men’s range. All Molton Brown emporia locations will be transformed into British pubs serving pints of British Ales with traditional salted snacks.
- At the Saks Fifth Avenue ReVive Skincare counter top skincare expert and facialist, Teresa Celsa will host a “Get the Glow Head to Toe” event, where she will give complimentary skin-care consultations and mini facials. Shoppers will also be eligible to receive a complimentary 1oz. Moisturizing Renewal Cream (a $95 value) with the purchase of a full-size Moisturizing Renewal Cream for the face and a Moisturizing Renewal Cream for the body.
- Celebrate Fashion’s Night Out at the brightest store on the block. Get complimentary Stila makeovers while sipping champagne and previewing Betsey Johnson’s latest collection at her chich boutique.
- Immediately following the fashion show, the Julie Haus Pop-Up store will open its doors to the public in celebration of Fashion’s Night Out from 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The first five customers to spend $500 at the Julie Haus Pop-Up Store will receive a $100 gift card to Beauty.com, the world of beauty online.
Despite a "no photographs" rule, Hugh was cheerful, warm, and friendly to the guests and happily posed to help his father's efforts. You can soon see this lovable leading man opposite the Hamptons (and NYC's) own Sarah Jessica Parker in the upcoming flick, "Did You Hear About The Morgans?" out in December 2009. Cheers to you Hugh!
Talk about star power – Calvin Klein, Betsey Johnson, Vera Wang, Elie Tahari, Nicole Miller, Donna Karan, Reed Krakoff of COACH, Tory Burch, and Ralph Lauren were under one roof celebrating fashion and art merging with their vignettes curated by two people who really know their fashion - Pamela Fiori, Editor in Chief of Town & Country magazine, and Stan Herman, artist and former president of the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
Chatting with these designers was a sweet deal for the fashion junkie in me. How often can you put your arm around Calvin Klein and ask about fashion trends or talk inspiration with Donna Karan? The designers, who had worked on the project for some six months in conjunction with the curators and Guild Hall to choose inspiration art, milled about happy to discuss their inspiration and talk fashion.
The exhibition is open until October.
Beauty.com is at it again, this time offering a one-of-a-kind gift with purchase this fall, continuing its popular designer bag series. Beginning September 1st, shoppers who visit www.beauty.com/zeromariacornejo and spend $100 or more will receive an exclusive, limited-time sample-stuffed gift with purchase travel bag from the award-winning fashion label Zero + Maria Cornejo. Filled with prestige beauty samples, the exclusive set is valued at over $140.
The newest designer bag collaboration from Beauty.com highlights a travel bag trio featuring zippered compartments in three shapes: a triangle, square, and circle that can be carried individually or as a set. The circle is a solid black case lined in Maria Cornejo’s signature Mad Shapes print and is outfitted with elastic supply straps for brushes, tools, and breakables. The triangle and square are made of durable black mesh, perfect to stash in a purse for easy access on the go. Clip the three compartments together to triple the portable space for your beauty must-haves.
The Zero + Maria Cornejo for Beauty.com bag is valued at over $140 comes packed with SIXTEEN deluxe samples from some of the top prestige brands in makeup, skin care, bath + body, and hair care:
1. NICK CHAVEZ® Beverly Hills PLUMP ‘N THICK® Thickening Spray Gel with Collagen
2. Origins Modern Friction™ Nature’s gentle dermabrasion
3. BORBA GUMMI BOOSTERS Açaí Skin Balance Confections
4. CAUDALĺE PARIS VINOPERFECT NIGHT CORRECTING CREAM
5. ALTERNA® CAVIAR ANTI∙AGING SEASILK® COLOR HOLD® MOISTURE SHAMPOO
6. TALIKA PARIS eye therapy patch
7. DIANA B. scented candle
8. LORAC TANtalizer BAKED BRONZER
9. Jane Iredale Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara
10. paula dorf Perfect Primer®
11. RareMinerals™ Purely Nourishing Facial Moisturizer
12. dr. brandt® pores no more® vacuum cleanerTM blackhead extractor
13. PHYTO phytodéfrisant
14. BVLGARI Omnia Green Jade Body Lotion
15. Arcona Night Breeze Heal/Protect PM
16. Urban Decay Lipstick, Sellout
"This bag is based on the three shapes that always inspire the collection – a circle, a square, and a triangle,” says Cornejo. “When I was designing the bag, I was thinking of busy women like myself who, when they travel, need maximum flexibility. I love the idea that each separate compartment snaps apart so that you can separate your products and just grab one item and go!"
Ladies, you should change you routine each season as your skin changes and make-up breaks down over time too. Here's the perfect opportunity to go out with the old and in with the new you!
“The Catwalk Package is a unique way for W Hotels to set itself apart from other luxury hotel brands by offering our guests the once-in-a lifetime opportunity to be a part of Fashion Week. With the Catwalk Package, our guests are able to enjoy Fashion Week as celebrities and models do-in the lap of luxury,” says Eva Ziegler, Global Brand Leader, W Hotels.
Glam out and be W Hotels' VIP guest at New York's Mercedes Benz Fashion Week with their exclusive Catwalk Package:
- Live Large - A fabulous night in your Fantastic Suite
- Indulge - BLISS’s Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask
- Give Back - 10% of your VIP Catwalk package proceeds will benefit Dress for Success.
Tickets are subject to availability. Pricing starts from $969 per night based on double occupancy. To book, call Sasha Proano at 917-534-5946. For more information, visit www.whotels.com/catwalk. Tres jolie!
Looking fabulous at the Classic was easy for legendary rocker Bruce Springsteen and wife Patti Scialfa, New York’s First Lady Michelle Paterson, Rudy and Judith Giuliani, Mark Consuelos and Kelly Ripa, designer Nicole Miller, "NYC Prep" stars Sebastian Oppenheim and Hillary Saunders, Rick and Kathy Hilton, and social circuit luminaries Lucia Hwong Gordon, Adriana Kaegi, Cassandra Seidenfeld Lyster, Somers Farkas, Jamee Gregory, Audrey Gruss, Coleen Rein, Debbie Bancroft, Donna Soloway, Joy Marks, Caroline Lieberman, Joanne de Guardiola, and James and Whitney Fairchild.
Enjoy these shots by Rob Rich/SocietyAllure.com and PatrickMcMullan.com!