In just a few weeks, fashion industry professionals from around the globe will convene in the iconic Bryant Park Tents to preview the Spring/Summer 2010 Collections. The runways will showcase the most inspiring new looks worn by top models, as they present the Collections from many creative designers never before seen at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, alongside some of America’s most established names in fashion.
These newcomers and first-timers who include David Elfin, Cesar Galindo, Erin Wasson x RVCA, Vassilios Kostetsos, Toni Francesc, Tory Burch, Trias, and the Argentinean Designer Collections, will show their collections on the same runways as designers as Michael Kors, Diane Von Furstenberg, Carolina Herrera, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Max Azria, Dennis Basso, Badgley Mischka, Tracy Reese, Tommy Hilfiger, and many others who hail from all over the world including Brazil, China, Nigeria, Korea, Japan, Israel, Spain, France, Germany and Australia.
"We are always pleased to embrace new designers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week,” said Fern Mallis, Senior Vice President of IMG Fashion. “We know this platform provides ample opportunities for these designers to do business in the market and to generate maximum publicity."
Some of the inspirations which have influenced these newcomers to the tents are:
- David Elfin - His designs have an artistic aesthetic that bestrides androgynous and the suggestive, with added geometric prints and a classic, original flare.
- Cesar Galindo - The Texas native began as an assistant designer in the 1980s before designing his own signature label which sells to upscale designer boutiques and department stores.
- Erin Wasson x RCVA - Leading model, Erin Wasson has graced the covers of countless magazines and in the spring of 2009 launched her womenswear collection in collaboration with surf and skate lifestyle brand RCVA. The line embodies Wasson’s signature low-key style and edge and mixes with RCVA’s roots in action sports, introducing a fresh outlook on fashion to the international marketplace.
- Vassilios Kostetsos - Well known and loved in Greece, fashion designer Vassilios Kostetsos has been a leader in the fashion industry for the past 15 years. He is known for his divine designs, indulging our fashion expectations and dreams.
- Toni Francesc - A Catalan designer, Toni has shown his designs all over the world.
- Tory Burch - Launched in 2004, Tory’s classic American sportswear line brought together an eclectic sensibility with her unique personal style and spirit. Tory Burch is a lifestyle concept with multiple product categories including ready-to-wear, handbags, shoes and jewelry – while not new, is she showing at the Tents for the first time.
- Trias - Spanish designer to present his first Collection of crisp, radical apparel with modern classism influence paired with exaggerated detail shown through bold shape, lines and overall construction.
The official Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week schedule kicks off with Michael Angel followed by BCBGMAXAZRIA, David Elfin, Duckie Brown, Ports 1961, Rosa Chà, Cesar Galindo, Cynthia Steffe, Yigal Azrouёl, Twinkle by Wenlan, Charlotte Ronson, Monarchy Collection, Nicole Miller, ARISE African Promise Collective, Erin Wasson x RVCA, Venexiana, Lacoste, Georges Chakra, Andy & Debb, Academy of Art University, Christian Siriano, Chado Ralph Rucci, Vivienne Tam, Lela Rose, Derek Lam, Toni Maticevski, DKNY, Thuy, Hervé Léger by Max Azria, Diane Von Furstenberg, Rebecca Taylor, Y-3, Tuleh, Custo Barcelona, Vassilios Kostetsos, Carolina Herrera, Carlos Miele, Jill Stuart, Tracy Reese, Yeohlee, Tadashi Shoji, Tony Cohen, Gottex, Badgley Mischka, Brian Reyes, Pamella Roland, MAX AZRIA, Dennis Basso, Willow, Tibi, Narciso Rodriguez, Toni Francesc, Tory Burch, Michael Kors, Nanette Lepore, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Milly by Michelle Smith, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Anna Sui, Maria Pinto, Doo.Ri, Ralph Lauren, Allude, Isaac Mizrahi, Trias, Calvin Klein Collection, Chocheng, Argentinean Designer Collections, and Tommy Hilfiger.
The Bryant Park Tents’ three venues include the Salon, the Promenade and the Tent. Over the course of eight days, approximately 100,000 people will pass through these venues to attend shows, meet and greet the media, retailers and fashion professionals - each doing their business from morning to night.
Title sponsor Mercedes-Benz is joined by DHL, American Express, Maybelline New York, W Hotels Worldwide, TRESemmé, Palm Inc., McDonald's McCafé, LU Biscuits, Peroni, Chambord and O.N.E.™ One Natural Experience as well as the following media outlets The New York Times, Women's Wear Daily and Getty Images. Each of these sponsors will be providing hospitality, services and amenities to make the hectic week of shows as effortless and pleasurable as possible for all attendees.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is an IMG owned and produced event. The Spring/Summer Collections will be held September 10-17, 2009. For more information visit www.mbfashionweek.com/newyork.